Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Who Will You Be Today?

From Christine Harvey

WHO WILL YOU BE TODAY?

Last night I was feeling quite stressed about today. I knew I would have a house full of people picking up after my flood damaged house. I wasn’t ready to face a real work day when I was stilI enjoying the Christmas break. My stress increased as I visualized all 8 of them zooming around me, asking where this goes and that goes. The carpenters would be trying to install baseboards WHILE two women would be cleaning furniture at the same time, right under each other’s feet. Then the remodeler would be glazing the new grout while I’m trying to tell the unpackers where to hang paintings and mirrors. And then there’s my list of unfinished items for each group which I needed to doll out and supervise before anyone left.

But one saving grace I had last night before going to bed was the thought that they surely didn’t cherish the thought of starting work today either!

This morning I awoke with almost complete freedom from my stress. Why was that, you might ask? The answer was simple. The stress left because I awoke with this question for myself: “Who would I be today?” … Would I be there to acknowledge them as wonderful human beings? … Would I be there to express gratitude to them for sharing themselves with us right after the holiday? … What could I do to make THEIR day better?

Now you might say, “Well of course Christine, you should always be thinking these things.” And yes I agree. We should always be thinking outside ourselves, and thinking thoughts of gratitude. BUT, how often is it that when we are in a binge of stress, that we forget this? AND by forgetting this, WE BRING THE STRESS UPON OURSELVES.

And since stress in society is so high these days, I wanted to share these thoughts with you this day after Christmas. … Who will you be today? … Who will enter your life that you can show gratitude to? … Wherever there is resistance to this, there is a need to examine it, they say!

A lesson I have to keep re-learning for myself is this. Whenever I’m feeling stress or resentment or ANY feeling of discomfort or lack of joy, I can abolish it IMMEDIATELY by focusing on something outside myself. Anything. … Anything outside myself – it’s often the trees I pass as I’m driving. It doesn’t matter what it is because the mind can only hold one thought at a time. So while I’m thinking about how gorgeous the tree is, my stress – which is really only self pity – is GONE. Presto. What an inexpensive and instant solution!!!

So, what’s the bottom line? If you’re facing any discomfort today, ask yourself “Who will I be today?” Can I ‘be there’ for someone else? Can I be a light in their life? If so, your day will be magical! And the law of attraction will bring SURPRISES and blessings your way!

You can write and let us know your experiences, at this email:liz@womenforwealth.com

Our fondest regards and best wishes for the week ahead,

Christine Harvey and Liz Uible
Founders
WomenforWealth.com
And WomenforWealth.com Foundation

No comments: