Monday, August 20, 2007

A Woman Can Do ANYTHING!

from Christine Harvey

Recently a friend’s daughter asked her, “Mom, can a woman be President of America?” My friend replied, “Of course,” at which point she went to her book case and pulled down a copy of my book, Can a Girl Run for President? “Here,” she said, “this is written for grow-ups, but I’ll read it with you.” And she proceeded to read her daughter the success stories of women around the world.

That woman has the right perspective. Here’s a question for YOU. Who are the women and girls in your life who are important to you? And more importantly, how are you mentoring such that they know a girl can do anything?

A few weeks ago I was in Rwanda and had the privilege of addressing women in Parliament. We were asked how we got started in our career and I told them this story. When I was about seven, my father took me to visit a friend of his at his home. I was amazed when I walked in the front door, because there in the living room was the friend’s wife – she was surrounded with bricks, and she said to me, “I’m building a fireplace!”

Well, that day changed my life forever. I had never seen a woman building anything before. In my seven year old mind, those creations were reserved for men. At that moment I said to myself, “If a woman can build a fireplace, a woman can do anything!”

What messages are you giving YOURSELF, as well as the girls and women in your life? I heard a secretary on an elevator say, “Oh, I wouldn’t have my boss’s job for anything – there’s too much worry and responsibility.” And yet I noticed that she worried and fretted as much as he did, and made half the salary. Are the things you say, and the things you do, compatible with what you want to see in the world?

How seriously do you take yourself? Do you live into your vision? Does your wardrobe reflect the position you aim for? Are your friends moving in the same direction as you seek to move? If you are married, do you allow yourself as much downtime to rejuvenate as you expect for your spouse? Those are just some of the questions you can ask to assess how well you walk your talk in terms of gender equality.

30 Second Focus Tip: Remember that how you project yourself, will affect your progress toward your goals. It will also affect the future generation and the people around you now. Take 30 seconds now and decide what you will do. What can you change, in words or deeds, to bring yourself more in line with your REAL POTENTIAL, remembering that YOU AS A WOMAN CAN DO ANYTHING!

PS…Who do you know with great potential? A colleague, a friend, a daughter or family member? Why not tell them about our membership and these support tools for advancement? They can try out the : www.WomenforWealth.com/wbsc.htm membership today. Tell them that they can get tremendous value through emails and through phone conferences, - all without leaving their home or desk - AND if they aren't absolutely thrilled with the value, we (the Founders - Christine Harvey and Liz Uible) will stop their membership and give them a full refund. We’ll even give them a $50 credit off any of our tele-seminar training packages priced at $100 or more, if they are not fully satisfied.. How’s that for a guarantee? Why not invite them to join us and discover what’s possible for their lives? Remember, success is achieved through the people we surround ourselves with. Let’s work together on the mind set and principles of wealth building!

No comments: