Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Secret of People Triangle ­ Manifest Moments=?ISO-8859-1?B?gQ==?=, Issue 19


From Christine Harvey, WomenForWealth.com

Do you want to develop or strengthen a relationship with someone? It could be in business or in your personal life. It could even be a customer, or your child’s teacher. It matters not who – this method works with everything and everyone.

If so, here’s the powerful methodology.
In fact, I’ve found it to be SO powerful, that I’ve decided to call it ‘The Secret of People Triangle.’ Here’s how it works.

The 3 sides of the triangle are:

  1. Communication
  2. Feeling Connected
  3. Seeing the world the same

The profound thing about this triangle is this:
As one side goes up, they all go up. However as one side goes down, they all go down.

Now let’s consider that important point. Let’s say that there is someone in your life who is getting on your nerves. Things just don’t seem right at the moment, and you want to restore it to harmony and closeness. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a colleague or a family member.

Using the triangle principle above, all you have to do is to grasp one of the sides and apply it immediately. By having 3 sides, you have 3 choices, ie total flexibility. You can use any one of the 3 sides of the triangle that seems easiest at that particular moment. Remember again - as one side goes up, they all go up.

For example, let’s say that you do something to enhance the ‘feeling of connectedness’ between you and the other person – it could be just a phone call to say hello or to commiserate over a problem at work. ‘Feeling Connected’ is side 2 of the triangle. By attacking side 2, side one and three automatically go up.

And all three together lead to understanding. Understanding can be defined in several ways. Included are feeling known for who you are, feeling known for what you do and feeling acknowledged. Everyone human being in the world responds to that.

Here are some ways I’ve used the triangle successfully over the last two weeks.

First, I’ve had a good friend for several years but recently I’ve not seen her or spoken to her. Before I learned about the triangle, I was feeling a bit awkward about this. I felt we were separated, that too much time had gone by, and I wasn’t sure how to go about re-connecting. The longer I waited, the worse I felt. I wasn’t really giving it much conscious effort, it was just there in the back of my mind nagging at me.

When I learned about the triangle, I knew instantly that all I needed to do was to make us feel connected, and then all three of the sides of the triangle would go up. I knew that a simple phone call would do the trick. So I left her a very warm and friendly voice mail, which lead to a call back and a lunch date.

Second, that small success lead me to think of all the people in my life who I felt disconnected from. Several years ago I used to host parties to stay connected with them all. More recently, although I missed them, it felt like ‘oh, too much trouble.’ I also felt a bit awkward in that they never or rarely reciprocated. However they ALWAYS came when I invited them.

So, I said to myself, why not drop that gibberish in my head and get with the triangle principles? Why not have a spur of the moment party? Nothing fancy – just drinks and appetizers.  That was on Tuesday last week. On Wednesday I created the email invitation. I sent it out Thursday for a next night party. Friday night came and my favorite friends came. We had a blast. More people came than had sent RSVP’s. I ran out of food. I had a hard time keeping up with drinks. We had 2 groups who stayed until the wee hours talking – one group in the living room, the other in the kitchen. Towards the end, I just snuggled into the living room sofa talking to a a good friend and fellow real estate investor who I get to see too rarely. There was a real feeling of connection.

Then everyone said goodbye, and started off home. Ten minutes later the phone rang. Odd I thought – a call so late on Friday night. Oh well, maybe someone left something behind. No, it was one of the guests. He called to invite us to his home the following evening! So you can see a positive chain of events caused by applying this triangle principle.

Third, I’ve used the ‘shared vision’ side with my husband on our upcoming trip. By sharing my vision of how I see our time being spent on the trip, I’m using side 2 of the triangle – ‘seeing the world the same.’

Forth, with my business partners I’ve used the concept of the ‘shared vision’ - another way of saying the same thing – with great success. Remember – as one side of the triangle goes up, they all go up. So as the ‘shared vision’ goes up, the feeling of being connected goes up and communication goes up.

3 MINUTE FOCUS TIP: Think now of someone with whom you would like to build a relationship. Will it be a stranger or someone you currently know? Now choose which side of the triangle to apply. Will it be: 1 – Communication, or 2 - Feeling Connected, or 3 - Seeing the world the same? Decide which and carry it out today. The results will amaze you! You never know what chain of reactions you’ll start! Let me know your results.

With love from Christine Harvey
Email ChristineHarvey@WomenForWealth.com

Want to reach a special goal? Maybe something you’ve been putting off? Or maybe something new and exciting – something that glimmers before you? Why not join the next Prosperity Team starting in August for guaranteed results? Yes, we’ll help you GUARANTEE that your results are met with our trademarked processes that have proven results. If your goal is worth $597 to you, jump on board. This may be the last round at this price. A recent competitive analysis shows a $1100 value. To sign up, go to...
http://www.womenforwealth.com/htm/EShop/prosperityteams.html  


No comments: