Friday, January 12, 2007

Thinking Bigger

By Liz Uible

I had a funny date with my husband, Cyrus, last night. We were planning to talk about goals and plans for this year over dinner. I wanted to cover income goals as well as personal and business goals. My Mastermind group had challenged me to look at some things and I wanted to talk them over with him. That was not to be.

As we walked into the restaurant, we immediately spotted an acquaintance and said 'Hi' as we were getting our table. This guy founded a HUGE company and sold it in the 80s. He has since bought, grown and sold several high-performing companies. This 60-something man is full of great business ideas. He has always been nice to us and has great business tips when we chat.

Last night he got up from dinner with his elderly parents and sat down with us almost immediately. He stayed with us for almost the entire time we were there.

As he talked about business ventures and business ideas, I was intrigued. Here I had been about to set an income goal for the year with my husband and instead this guy was talking an idea to start a little company he thinks can make $50,000 per week. Every week. And with little work. Neat.

As I think about it this morning I realize it was the Universe (I think it was God, actually) telling me not to limit myself. Businesses and money come from ideas. And money can come in fast from a good idea, well executed. Maybe I will start using those Motivation Marathon ideas (see earlier posts) to manifest 50k per week.

And so much for a romantic dinner with my husband.

No comments: