Friday, June 13, 2008

Support is Life Changing=?ISO-8859-1?B?rSA=?=Manifest Moments=?ISO-8859-1?B?gQ==?=, Issue 14

Support is Life Changing– Manifest Moments™, Issue 14
From Christine Harvey, WomenForWealth.com

W ho is supporting your success?

I’ll tell you an interesting story.

Ever since the day I left my chairmanship position of the London Chamber of Commerce, I’ve been able to sign my name as Past Chair, London Chamber of Commerce. This one facet of my life has been an incredible credibility builder and door opener wherever I have gone. Stick with me here – I’m going to help you reflect on your life in a minute.

In fact on a group tour of investors to South America, where we were destined to meet with heads of state, the group leader always started the introductions with me and my title first, before introducing the mega-mega-multimillionaires present.

In any case, I came close at one point to NOT having the honor and privilege of that Chairmanship. I cringe when I think how close I came to missing that opportunity for experience, professional growth, connections and credibility.

Here’s how I almost missed it... One day the Chairman before me called to see if I was willing to run as the next Chairman. And here’s what I initially said – “NO.”

The reason I said no, was that I told myself I was too busy with my new business in London. I told myself that I didn’t want to get side-tracked.

Shortly after that I was telling one of my protégés – a young woman who had won first place in a competition I sponsored, call ‘The Most Promising Young Businesswoman Award.’ Her name is Sue. In any case, Sue said to me - “Christine, no way are you turning down that opportunity!” She went on to say, “You’re ALWAYS preaching to us (meaning herself and the other award recipients)  that we should step up to the leaderships plate. Now you go back and say YES you’ll run!”

And so I did. Her words were the turning point in my life.

My point is this– who are your supporters? Who have you put in place to look out for your interests even when you have forgotten them? Even when you lose perspective on your own life!

Think about this and think about your own life. Why did I first say no? Was I really that busy – maybe. Or was it fear? I knew I’d have to stand in front of hundreds of people, I’d have to welcome officials and heads of state from around the world. Could it be that I was deluding myself – and saying ‘I’m too busy,’ was as easy out?

This is an all to human act which holds us back from reaching our full potential. What opportunities have you turned down? What opportunities stare you in the face right now? What opportunities are you waiting to create right now?

Coming back to my point – if you have a support base, they will help you stand up to your potential, as Sue did for me. They will help you see and act on opportunities. In those days, I created that support base by starting an award program for young women. What can you do now to create yours? (Over the years I’ve realized that not everyone has the time or know-how to do that, so I’ve created Prosperity Teams™ so that everyone can have a support base. Not only that, we have a life changing know-how path that goes with it. I’m honored to say that results people have been getting are truly inspiring.)

3 MINUTE FOCUS TIP: Think about your support base. Do you have one? If not, do you want to join ours? Or do you want to create one of your own? Either way, do it now. It can be the turning point of your life.
Please feel free to call me if you want to discuss it – 520-991-4044
or go to
http://www.womenforwealth.com/htm/EShop/prosperityteams.html



No comments: